When consulting the websites of OPT-NC, cookies may be placed on your terminal. The information below gives information on how cookies work and how to set them.
What is a cookie ?
A cookie is a text file placed on your device (tablet, computer, mobile phone) when visiting a site or consulting an advertisement. It aims to collect information about your navigation and to send you services adapted to your terminal. Cookies are managed by your internet browser.
Purpose of cookies used by OPT-NC’s websites
A cookie records information relating to the navigation on the website Caledoscope.nc (the pages you have consulted, the date and time of the consultation, etc ...) that OPT-NC can read during your later visits. In accordance with the CNIL (the French Data Protection Authority), these information are kept on the user’s computer hardware during six months and are not assigned to third parties nor used for other purposes. We also collect your IP address to know the country from which you are connecting, which is immediately anonymized after use. The cookies put on the website Caledoscope have for exclusive purpose :
- To make visits’ statistics
- To get geolocation information
About visits’ cookies
These cookies are intended to determine the volumetry and statistics of the audience of Caledoscope website, of the various headings as well as the use of the services proposed on each of them.
About geolocation cookies
Geolocation is proposed on Caledoscope website in order to obtain "local" information that are adapted to your geographical position. This geolocation leads to the filing of a cookie in order to display you the content and information corresponding to your location.
Set up your Internet browser
You can be opposed to cookies’ registration by configurating the settings of your browser, as follows :
1. Click on the Settings button
2. Click on Advanced Settings
3. Select "Block all cookies"
1. Click on the Tools button and Options
2. Choose Privacy and select Show cookies options
3. Check Cookies and click on Clear Now
Google Chrome :
1. Choose the Settings menu then Advanced Settings
2. Locate the section Content Settings and Cookies
3. Uncheck « Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
1. Choose the Safari menu, then Preferences from the Edit menu
2. Click on the Security tab, then select the desired privacy level
If necessary, the user is informed that access to certain services and sections of the site may, in this case, be altered or impossible.